Saturday, November 3, 2007

NaNoWriMo

Wow! It has finally begun. I can't believe that November is here and it's time for the NaNoWriMo writing contest. This is my first year doing it and I've been anxious to sign up and get started since I heard about it in the spring. I was right there in line signing up as soon as they allowed us to in October.

Unfortunately, I'm not as fast as some people when it comes to getting their 50,000 words written. I have three kids, a husband, a dog and my house to tend to....plus my own sanity. Therefore, all of those things have to come before my writing. I get NOTHING done on the weekends....NOTHING! All of my writing is done during the weekdays and late at night. The weekends are days for my family and friends.

Today my husband woke up, looked at me and asked "So what are we going to do today?" Made me want to smack him in the forehead like on those V-8 commercials. LOL! My hubby works an hour from home and he has to drive an hour to and from every weekday. He whines and complains about all that driving, but on the weekends--when he could be resting--he wants to go, go, go. The crazy man!

Anyway, my days are always busy so it's no wonder that I haven't written a word on my book in 2 days. It's crazy, but at least I know how it's going to be this month. I'll have to stay on top of things during the week and then let the weekend go where it may.

Good luck to those of us doing NaNoWriMo. I hope that we all have great success with our stories. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment