Monday, November 19, 2007

Wow, Thanksgiving already?

I just can not believe that it's already the week of Thanksgiving. I've been so darn busy this month that the days kind of slipped away from me. I will be hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for my family, as well as Christmas Eve and Day this year. PLUS all of the normal "mommy duties" that are associated with the holiday season... gingerbread houses, Christmas cookies, wrapping gifts, finding the right gift for the in-laws (even though DH should be buying his parents' gifts) and then sitting down one day and remembering how much I miss my own dad during this time of year.

For some reason this year seems so much more hectic and busy than years gone by. Ooohhh, and I started working on my Christmas card list today too. You realize just how many friends you really have when you start making out Christmas cards. My hand was aching from addressing envelopes and I only made it through half of my list. But, I do love the holiday season.

My youngest daughter will be three in January and she is at the most perfect age for the holidays. At this age their little eyes are full of wonder and excitment of the unknown. I can not wait to see her expression when it's time to unwrap all of those colorful packages.

We will be putting up our tree and decorations Friday. Then we'll all get dressed up and sit in front of the fireplace and take our yearly family photo. I'm big on family photos. I have over a dozen full photo albums lining my bookcase from the last 13 years. I just can't imagine how many will be there when I'm old and grey. LOL!

OK, enough of the mushy, family stuff. Now onto the book stuff.

I am flowing nicely for NaNoWriMo. I should reach my 50K by the weekend if my children have mercy on my this week (the older two are out of school all week and, therefore, have all day to enjoy the tortured screams of their 2 yr old sister).

My cover artist is working away at the new cover for this book and I can't wait to see it. She is so talented!!

Hmmm, what else? Well, I have run out of my own copies of A Midnight Infatuation. People keep buying them up until I am no officially out. LOL. I'm totally not complaining, just making a mental reminder to order more stock.

I will be announcing a new contest at the end of this week. So be sure to check that out. It will run until Christmas Eve and the winner will be rewarded with a $20 Amazon gift certificate. Who doesn't love free stuff?

Oh, make sure that you sign up for my newsletter. I'll be sending it out around Dec 1st. You'll find tips on cooking that perfect Christmas ham, creating your own wrapping paper, deciding between paper and e-cards and even a few crafts. I'll also be announcing my SUCCESS or failure of NaNoWriMo and maybe we'll be lucky enough to debute the new cover of A Birth at Dawn: Book 2 of the Alex & Fiona Series.

Ok, I guess that's enough rambling for today. I feel badly when I log on here and realize it has been a week since my last update, so I end up over-compensating. Hopefully things will go back to normal after November is over. :-)

Good night & have a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment