Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday.

Welcome to Tuesday. Not feeling too thrilled about today just yet. Could be that I have a dentist appointment this morning, and not really in the mood for it. Good thing it's just a routine cleaning. I'd rather still be in bed though.

Yesterday was a pretty productive day. I painted my fingers and toes a nice shade of purple. Later I colored my hair. Decided to go blonde for the summer, but only for the summer. I wrote the July issue of my monthly newsletter and got it all scheduled to go out next week. And I also worked out some details for our vow renewal ceremony with the wedding planner.

Here are a few of the details already hammered out:

We are having the ceremony barefoot on the beach at 4pm on April 9, 2011 with 25 guests. Afterwards, we're having the reception at the Guard House, right off the beach. The reception dinner will be a Low Country Boil. That consists of boiled shrimp, corn on the cob, smoked sausage, and red potatoes. We eat this anytime we're on Tybee anyway, and when it was offered as an option for the reception we definitely wanted it! Yum! We'll have a lovely 2 layer cake, as well.

Now I'm waiting to hear back from her about how many tables the reception will have so that I'll know how many centerpieces I need to make. I still need to hammer out the guest list, but that has time. All of it has been a lot of fun.

There are a lot of small things here and there to decide; some I haven't even thought of, I'm sure. This is why it's absolutely fantastic that we are planning this ahead of time. I have all the time I need to work out every single little detail that I will think of over the next 21 months. I even have a computer file where I'm keeping all of my ideas, pictures, the start to my side of our vow renewal (yes, we're writing our own vows), and little tidbits of information that I don't want to forget.

I'm a planner, as most of you know! LOL.

Well, I better get going. I need to make the girls some breakfast and start getting every dressed. The girls are going to stay with my mom while I go to my cleaning in 2 hours.

Have a great Tuesday!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment