Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


It's that day of the year again.  The day that we all dress up like ghouls and goblins, witches and wizards, princesses and fairies, oh and let's not forget the wenches, nurses, and of course, Dorothy!  ;-)  Then we head out to forage (beg) for chocolately morsels--and no, tootsie rolls don't count.  Blech!

It's Halloween!

I've always enjoyed this day.  I get to dress up (not always publicly), paint my nails black (like I wait for Halloween for that), and enjoy the darkness of All Hallows' Eve.  The girls have so much fun and rack up on so much candy that I end up having throw some out or give it away around Thanksgiving. 

Here in the last few years, Halloween also marks the last day of wild abandon before I dedicate the entire month of November to my next novel.  Yesterday I spent an hour just brainstorming and working on character descriptions and names.  Those of you on my Facebook page may have seen my request for older Scottish men names.  Thanks a bundle to those who offered up suggestions and/or links to aid in my quest. 

I really am excited for the new project, and the rush to get the first draft onto "virtual" paper is something that I can't resist.  I like having a deadline, it focuses my attention and pushes me.  Tim hates it, but he's come to accept my time spent.  Now if I could just get him to quit tempting me away from my work every time I get into a good flow.  LOL.




Well, I'm off to do laundry and get things ready for trick-or-treating tonight.  The girls will be dressed as a butterfly, devil, and demon hunter.  I'll share a pic when I get time tomorrow.  :-)

Happy Haunting!



P.S.  The background will go back to normal tomorrow.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment