Monday, October 26, 2009

Mondays can be fun days.

Yes, really, they can...  Well, if you try really hard to make them fun days.  LOL.  Good morning all.  Welcome to another brand new week.  Each one really is full of all sorts of potential.  You never know what'll happen or where you'll end up when Friday rolls around.  You can choose to make the best of it, or you can choose to grumble and find disappointment in the world.  Me, well I'm normally a very optimistic kind of gal, so I like to see the best in the world around me.  So, YAY, it's a new week!  ;-)

It's just after 8 a.m. here right now and I've already taken the kids to school, started the dishwasher, washed two loads of laundry, fixed the 4 year old a bowl of strawberries, and ate a banana myself.  Oh, and I also applied online for a new job for Tim.  And yes, even though he's still in bed, he knew I was going to do it for him.  LOL. 

Next week will mark him being without a job for three months.  And, well, it seems that three months is my limit for him being home 24/7, underfoot all the time, and interrupting my daily work routine.  He's slowly "getting" it, and realizing that my day life doesn't revolve around him.  I have much too much to do each day to worry about him--a grown man--and whether or not he's bored or hungry or anything.  LOL.  He's learning, but I'd still like to get him back to work... or at least outside for a while each day. 

So anyway, it's the last week of October!  I have this last week before starting the first draft of my next book.  I'm super excited about this next story and can't wait to jump into it.  I've been mentally trying out opening scenes and trying to decide where I'd like to begin the story.  I think I've decided that Liz will open the story in Atlanta.  Should be a nice spot to start book two (beta readers of book one will agree).

Once November is over--and I have book 2's first draft complete--I'll go back to book 1, make a few changes, go over it a few more times, and then finally work on getting the proposal written up and sent off to agents.  Once that's out of the way, I can go back to book 2 or revisions, rewrites, and all that jazz.  Hopefully by the time I'm done with book 2 the first one will be accepted and I'll have acquired a lovely new agent.  *Fingers Crossed*

Then it'll be time for book 3.  LOL!  It never stops...  But then again, why would I want it to?  It's so much fun!  :-D

Okay, before I go for today, I want to ask my lovely readers to do one little thing for me.  Would you be so kind as to stop by and become a member of the website?  It only takes a moment, and it'll be well worth the trouble in the future when I get everything (including the blog) moved over to the website.  I'll eventually only be posting everything--news, contests, blog entries, etc.--over there and would hate for anyone to miss out.

So come on by and become a member of ChristieSilvers.com.  Just click the link & click the button "Join Site" on the members page.

Tomorrow I'll be sharing photos of the girls carving their Halloween pumpkin yesterday.  It turned out very good!

Have a great Monday.  *Smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I went & joined your website!

    You are always such a busy person. Sometimes I envy how busy you are.

    I can understand how having the hubby home all the time can get old fast. I hope he finds something soon, for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Yes, it's always busy around here. A lot of time I just can't stand the thought of not having something to do. Tim's always telling me to sit down, but I have stuff that needs doing & I can't just sit by doing nothing. LOL.

    Thank you for joining the site. *Smooches*

    ReplyDelete