Monday, November 30, 2009

One more day...

Welcome to the last day of November.  Boy, this year has gone by so quickly.  Just one more day and it'll be December, and the mad dash to the new year begins.

We woke up to a rainy Monday here.  That didn't matter much to me though.  Our youngest daughter came down with a nasty stomach bug late Saturday night and she was so sick all day yesterday.  She couldn't keep anything down, was running a fever, and ended up hanging out in my bed all day.  I hate when the kids are sick, especially when they're this young.  She couldn't even keep a cracker down yesterday.  :-(

However, this morning she woke (after sleeping all night) feeling much better.  After a small bout of dry heaves, she ate some oatmeal and drank orange juice... and it all stayed down! Yay!  Looks like it was just a 24 hour thing.  Thank goodness!

After a warm bubble bath, baby lotion, sweat shirt and pants, brushed hair and painted fingernails, she's feeling like a new 4 year old.  :-)  I'm so glad she's feeling better.  I have her in my room watching Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure right now.

Today marks the start of the one week that I take off after NaNoWriMo.  After such a strenuous month,  need one week to de-stress, feel normal again and catch up on housework.  Tim and I kicked off the day with some "alone time" while the baby was still asleep.  If you have to have a sick kid you might as well take advantage of them sleeping late.  ;-)

I'll finish up Christmas stuff this week, as well.  It's just a nice week to re-connect with the world and the stuff that makes me happy.  I even have a whole week of easy dinners planned so that I won't have to deal with much of that in the evenings.  Awwww, peace...

Okay, before I go I want to remind everyone that my monthly newsletter will be going out on Wednesday.  It will have all the details about my December-Twitter GiveAway.  Be sure to sign up & not miss this issue.

That's it for me today.  I'm off to play Xbox with Tim while the sheets are washing.  Before I know it the day will be over & I'll be off picking the big girls up from school.

Have a great day and an extraordinarily fantastic week.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment