Saturday, November 21, 2009

What do you want for a holiday gift?


Hello out there!  What's everyone up to lately?  It's been very quiet here on the blog lately.  And I know you're still reading.  LOL.

I have a single question for all of you out there.  What do you want as a holiday gift this year?  Sure, we all have a list of things we'd like to have, but what is the ONE thing you want the most?  No, I probably won't be buying it for you, but I do feel that when you put what you want out into the universe there's a better chance that you'll get it at some point.  :-)

It's actually a difficult question for most of us.  To narrow our mental lists down to one single item is hard.  Especially when you look at that list and say, "No, that's not as important as this.  But I'd like to have this more than that.  Oh wait, what about that one?"  So which one comes out on to when you have to choose only one?

I won't share mine until tomorrow because I don't want to influence other people.  I want to hear what YOU want.

Since we're talking about the holidays...

Last night was date night.  Tim and I had sooooo much fun.  Usually we stay home and grill out, or we'll go see a movie & grab something quick to eat on the way home.  But last night we went out on the town, dressed up and everything.  Woohoo!  I even wore make-up.  LOL.  Those who know me personally know that I don't wear make-up very often at all.  Maybe once a month... at most!

To those on my Facebook page helping me decide what to wear last night:  I went with black dress pants, a purple-colored dress shirt, black high-heeled boots, black sweater jacket with earrings and matching bracelet.  Oh, and yes Tammy, I totally went naked under my clothes!  Hahaha!

We dropped the kids off and then went straight to Chattanooga.  Since the roads were crowded with work traffic, we decided to go eat first.  It was sooooo nice being able to sit and actually enjoy a meal without the rush of having all three kids with us.  You know how they say you'll fill up faster when you actually CHEW your food?  Well, it's 100% true.  LOL!  We were both stuffed.  And my first strawberry margarita (I've only had regular ones up to now) was super YUMMY.  I didn't even know they would put sugar instead of salt around the glass rim until the bartender asked me which I wanted. 

After dinner we hit the mall and I lost myself in Barnes & Noble.  I so love bookstores.  I could spend all day in a bookstore that size.  And yes, Tim had to go see if my books were on the shelves.  Hahaha!  Surprisingly there was one complete set sitting there.  Amazing!  Most of the time people have to order them if they want them from a particular brick & mortar store.  I thought about signing them to give the next buyer a little surprise, but figured they wouldn't know if it was really me or someone forging me.  LOL.  So I just put one of my cards in each one.  :-)

I did manage to find two lovely journals for the older girls before we went out and walked around the mall.  We didn't buy a single thing after that, but it was fun.

After that we headed back toward home, stopping off for a bottle of wine on the way.  We got here a little after 8pm and spent the rest of the evening watching movies and enjoying our time together.  It was super nice.

Now that I've bored you enough for one day...  I hope you're having a fabulous Saturday.  It's beautiful and sunny here, so I'm going to go enjoy more of it while I have the opportunity. 

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment