Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Edits, edits, and even more edits.

Look into my crystal ball... What do you see? Yep, that's me... I'm in the land of Editsville this week. The first draft of Killer Intentions is done, but that only means the real works begins. I'll be running through at least three sessions of edits and rewrites myself:

1. A run through of computer file from beginning to end
2. A printed version with the infamous red ink pen.
3. Then another run through of the computer file with all the changes previously recorded, looking for errors.

After all that, the file will be in the hands of my beloved editor. When her final edits are complete, I'll run through it all one more time to make sure there's nothing else to change or fix.

Whew! It's a lot of work, but it's oh so much fun. :)

All in all, everything is still on schedule for a mid- to late December release for the newest installment from Liz's weirdly captivating life of paranormal monsters. She's still fighting against her destiny, but I believe she'll slowly come to accept it, and possibly embrace it enough to enjoy the ride.

Oh, and I *should* have a new cover to share with everyone very soon. I can't wait to see it!





*Image from: aleheredia*

No comments:

Post a Comment