Thursday, January 26, 2017

Keeping My Muse Happy

Keeping my muse happy w/fireworks.
You may have heard writers talking about not being able to write when their muse is unhappy. Or that their muse has run off and abandoned them. Sometimes I feel like my muse ran off with the devil and they're both sitting somewhere mocking me as I fumble for just the right word, typing and deleting numerous time over the time frame of an hour. I've even done it here on the blog before giving up and deciding to try it again tomorrow.

A writer must keep her muse happy. How do I do that, you ask? Well, my muse is particularly enthralled with loud, raunchy music that has a deep booming beat. Anything with a lot of bass and preferably curse words. Oh, and a Diet Mountain Dew to go with it. She also likes hot tea and chocolate, but usually only one cup of tea a day. Sometimes my muse demands I take a break from writing entirely and recharge with a comedy or a good book. But usually, it's the raunchy music that works on a day to day basis.

Today, for example, we started out together with a mug of hot peach tea and listening to Ludacris, and ended our writing time with a Diet Mountain Dew, piece of Lindt Lindor chocolate, listening to 50 Cent. In the middle there was Meghan Trainer, 21 Pilots, Nicki Minaj, Stabbing Westward, and Pink. Plus many more. I work for no less than 3 hour stretches so I have to have a large music library.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to match my music choices with the character I'm writing, but then I realize that's just too much work. LOL! Sooooo, I just listen to all of it all the time.

If you have a question about what inspires my muse feel free to ask below or email me at authorchristiesilvers@gmail.com and I'll do my best to answer it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment