Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Vacation...Finally!

After all the weird, crazy, exciting stuff that has gone on this year in the Silvers' household, it's FINALLY time for a vacation!

This year it was an adults only vacation. The hubby and I joined forces with my sister and her hubby to have our first grown-ups vacation. No kids allowed! Talk about an unusual experience for this mom of 21 years, but it was well worth it and soooooo needed!

We went to Tybee Island, Georgia for a week of rest, relaxation, and fun. Even though we have been there almost yearly since 2005, there were still some things we hadn't done and places we hadn't been. One of my favorite places (besides the beach) was the Bonaventure Cemetery. It was beautiful!

This cemetery was featured in the book "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and it is the most beautiful cemetery I've ever visited. This location has been a cemetery since 1846, and you can definitely tell it by the old, Gothic, and elaborate burial plots. There is so much history here. With 160 acres and dozens of roads throughout the cemetery, you can easily spend a day going from plot to plot. There's so much to see and learn here. The cemetery even has guided walking and riding tours, but we went at it on our own.

And look at what I found....

Marcus!


If you'd like to see more photos from my vacation, check out the folder on my Facebook titled "Tybee Vacation 2018."

Tybee Island, GA - The view from my condo balcony.



My hubby & me at the Forsyth Park fountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment