Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Spring has sprung!

Spring has sprung here in north Georgia. The pollen is working my husband over big time, and covering anything outside with the evil yellow dust. My silver car definitely doesn't look silver at the moment, and there's really no sense in washing it until things calm down.

With the arrival of spring, so comes the arrival of our wedding anniversary. April 9th marked 27 years. Eek! How is that possible? I wrote a little something on Facebook (see below), and presented the hubs with this cute penny from 1994 that I ordered from an Etsy shop. It was a nice day.

Twenty-seven years ago, on a windy, Spring day, two 17yos pledged their lives to one another. Most would say that's far too young to agree to eternity, and I would certainly agree with you NOW, but it appears to have worked out. ๐Ÿ˜ Some days it feels like a lifetime has passed, and others it feels like just yesterday we were so young and free (i.e. stupid).  

I won't say it's been an easy ride. Oh, definitely not. Like all couples, there were moments where I considered smothering him with a pillow. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ Especially during all those middle of the night cluster feedings when I had an infant attached to me, and their dad was snoring away like nothing. ๐ŸคจNow here we are, all these years later, three wonderful children and a grandson we both adore. We had two short years alone in the beginning before our oldest was born, and now we have two short years left before the youngest is out of the house. It blows my mind!  

Even with all that, the good definitely outweighs the frustrating, and I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else. I look forward to spending the rest of our lives together, and I hope it will be a very long time before you die. ๐Ÿ˜‚ (I always say he'll go before me.) ๐Ÿ˜Happy 27th anniversary, baby! I love you forever and always! ❤


This past weekend, I spent some time planting 9 strawberry plants in our little makeshift cinder block bed. They were already covered with flowers, runners, and small berries when I bought them, so I'm hoping they'll grow abundantly. I've picked a few berries over the last few days and still waiting on a couple to fully ripen. Sun-warmed, freshly picked strawberries are simple pleasures in life.

Now flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing, birds are chirping every morning. This is the time of year I love!

And then next month my grandson turns 1! Eek! I can't believe how fast that happened. He's growing so fast, babbling all the time, loves for me to read to him, pulling up, and doing his best to get into anything that isn't tied down or just out of reach. It has been a lot of fun watching him grow and learn. 

Today, I'm waiting on an inspector from our homeowner's insurance to arrive and inspect the roof. With all the storms, wind, and hail we've had the last few months, we've developed a leak in my laundry room. So now we see if the insurance will pay for a fix, or if we'll have to handle it ourselves. With 25 years of coverage, and zero claims, I really hope they'll do something beneficial.

In the meantime, I'm working on book 9 in the Liz Baker series, as well as a short story about Chad & Monty from when Liz was missing. The short story will come out first (free of charge), and book 9 is currently scheduled for the fall.

I hope you're all safe, healthy, and having a wonderful week. Be sure to pop by my Facebook page for more updates and randomness from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment