Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pretty productive.

Today was a nice day. The sun was shining, the skies were blue, the birds were singing, and the temps were lovely all day. It turned out to be a very productive as well.

I always schedule myself with 2-3 hours of pure writing time during Monday - Thursday of every week. Some days are better than others, but today was a good day. I managed to write a chapter in one of my books and a 1200 word article. Then I researched some magazines that I want to write articles for and read a few writers newsletters that I get on a regular basis. All of that on top of normal household chores and a whining 3 yr old (she's been in a mood today).

If it had been nighttime and everyone was in the bed, I would have managed three chapters and the article. But, you have to take what you can get, when you can get it.

I'm thinking about knocking out another chapter around 10pm, when everyone (including the hubby) will be asleep. I work better at night, with no distractions, the tv off, and with my mp3 player plugged into my brain. My only problem with working at night is when I'm too tired to think straight and produce anything of quality. We'll see...

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Christie,
    Glad you had a productive day! I have peace & quiet now, so I'm going to try to get some work done. Have a Great Night!

    ReplyDelete