Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Thirteen 5/1/2008

Gosh, can you believe that it's already May 1st? Where have the months gone? On the upside, this brings me a month closer to my beach vacation. LOL! It's the only real vacation that we ever take and I always look forward to it so much. What's more relaxing than lying on the beach, the sun shining down on you, and listening to the waves beating against the shore? Awww, I may need to pull out my home videos from last summer to get a dose of that sound. ;-)

So, it's Thursday again, and here I am trying to figure out what my Thirteen should be about. I never know until I sit down to write it. But this time I'm in a gardening mood, so I'll post about my upcoming garden planting............

Thirteen Things I'll Be Planting:
1. corn
2. green beans
3. beets
4. cucumbers
5. tomatoes
6. potatoes
7. bell peppers
8. leaf lettuce
9. carrots
10. watermelon
11. cauliflower
12. cabbage
13. onions

There you have it! With gas and food prices going so high, we will be cutting back on a lot of things this summer. So the family and I have decided that we will grow a large garden this summer. I'd like to have enough produce growing to feed us during the summer AND to have enough for freezing and canning for the winter. I've also informed the kids and hubby that this is a FAMILY project, not a MOMMY project. I expect them all to help if they plan on eating. LOL!

Alright, that's it for today. I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment