Friday, June 20, 2008

Been married too long...

My husband made me laugh yesterday. Not that he doesn't make me laugh on a near daily basis, but yesterday was particularly funny.

We met when I was 16 and he was 17. We married 10 months later when we were both 17 (nine days before his 18th birthday). Here it is, over 14 years later, and we're now 31 & 32 years old. We have many more years ahead of us. Yet, yesterday he informs me that we've been married far too long.

I was about to leave to pick us up some dinner since no one wanted to cook and I remembered to tell him that I needed him to do something for me. As soon as the words came out of my mouth he said that he was just thinking of the same task. He snickered and said, "We've been married too long." Apparently we think alike these days. LOL!

I laughed so hard. It was funny because if he thinks 14 yrs has been too long, what in the world will he think when we're old and gray? LOL!! We are quickly coming up on the anniversary that will mark half our lives together. I was 17 when we married and we only need 3 more years to hit 17 yrs of marriage. It's crazy!

Anyway, I know that this is just rambling, but it was quite humorous yesterday and I thought I'd share. :-) Today he's at work and begging me through text messages to find an excuse for him to come home early. LOL! Poor guy hates working on Fridays (his "normal" shift is only Mon - Thurs).

Ok, you guys have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I know this well! We have been married almost 10 years, and we are just like this.


    That is AWESOME that you have been married SO long from such a young age (I always wished I got married sooner, and started a family sooner as well)

    ReplyDelete