Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful fathers out there. I hope that you are having a lovely day with you children.

My husband was awakened by his little lovies working diligently in the kitchen to create a perfect breakfast for him. They planned this days ago, so I just stood back and let them go at it. LOL! They made waffles, eggs, and bacon (I cooked the bacon). They were so proud of themselves when they put his plate all together and took it to him.

Then I let them present his gift to him. The other week he was complaining to me about needing some new pictures of the girls for work. Plus he didn't have a picture of me at all. So I ordered a 5x7 collage with pics of all of us in it. Then I bought a magnetic frame and VOILA! a nice Father's Day gift is born. :-) He liked it.

We went to have lunch with the in-laws and presented FIL with a collage picture of his own... only ths one didn't have me in it. LOL! Now we are home and DH is getting set to watch the Nascar race. I don't think he'll watch all of it though because he's talking about jumping in the pool. Which means that I'll get some nice quiet time while he and the girls are in the pool and out of my hair. I might actually get some writing done without interruption today. YAY!

Days like this make me miss my own dad. He passed away 5 yrs ago from Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS). We always loved celebrating Father's Day with him.

Ok, I just wanted to post a Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I hope that you're all having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment