Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The curiosity of inspiration.

Inspiration is a funny thing. It can strike at anytime and at any place. But what amuses me is exactly what can cause that bout of inspiration.

Earlier today I was complaining to a friend about me being stumped with the current book I'm writing. I've been kind of stuck on what direction a particular section of the book needed to go in. I kind of knew what needed to happen, but not quite sure how I wanted to get there.

So I was complaining to this friend of mine and I just rambled on and on until ideas started flowing out one after another. Suddenly, the story just laid itself right out in front of me! Inspiration had struck! It was amusing to me afterwards because there I was complaining about having trouble with it and then WHAM it hit me over the head with a 2x4.

Alex & Fiona are definitely in for a journey with this newest book. What will happen to them? Who will be lost during this adventure? What new people will they meet along the way? I guess we both will just have to wait to find out when the book is finish. LOL!

I hope that everyone is having a nice week. Only 2 weeks and 1 day until school starts. I can definitely use the quiet to get my work done, but I'll miss sleeping late every day of the week. Ah well, you take the good (two kids out of my hair for almost 8 hours) with the bad (having to wake up at 6am five days a week).

www.ChristieSilvers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment