Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Writing,Thanksgiving, and the Flu

Well, I was planning to be finished with my NaNo story today. Unfortunately, last night I came down with what appears to be the flu. Headache, sick stomach, chills, fever, and every joint in my body hurts. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. So I went to bed early and slept just terrible off and on all night.

I was planning on being at 46,500 words by the time I went to bed last night. I ended up being 2k under that. :-( Which means I won't be reaching 50k today. I don't think I can manage 5,500 words today with as bad as I feel right now. Luckily, I still have 5 days before NaNo is over.

Today is the last day of school for the older girls until next week. Tim has to work tomorrow and then he'll be home until next week as well. He says if I don't feel better he'll cook for Thanksgiving. I may just have to still be sick then. ;-) At least sick during the cooking time, but better when it gets eating time. LOL

It's a good thing he doesn't read my blog. Hahaha!

I love Thanksgiving. Not only because of the good food, but it's more of a relaxing holiday than Christmas. Christmas is fun, and I always have a good time, but it's more busy, noisy, hurry, hurry, hurry. Thanksgiving, well, I'm all for a day that you spend eating and lounging around. LOL!

Okay, that's all the typing I can take at the moment. The 3yr old is starting to become demanding and my head is throbbing. Thankfully the sick stomach is gone for the moment. I'm going to see if some hot chocolate will stay down.

I hope you're all having a better day than I am. Happy Thanksgiving!!

.

3 comments:

  1. Get better!!!! But remember... only AFTER the cooking is all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yep and then I'll be sick again when it's clean up time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better! Have a Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete