Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Having a bad day

Yes, it's only 8:30 in the morning, but I've already had a day's worth of crap all around me! I'm so mad, so disappointed, and so upset that I could cry. Well, actually I've already done that.

Last night my brand new, six month old, Dell laptop--the one that contains my whole life--shut down without warning and will not come back on. I've done everything I know to do, and even everything the Dell website says to do. Nothing has worked.

And yes, for those of you wondering, the entire manuscript for Time For Death is trapped in there. Family pictures, hundreds of favorite links, all my friends' email addresses, music, two e-books I've been waiting to find the time to read... all of it in there with no way to access it.

I'm just devastated at the moment. On the upside, Time For Death is so fresh in my mind that I can rewrite it with little difficulty. It won't be word for word, of course, but if the need arises then that's what I'll do. That's just a lot of work.

Anyway, I have a ticket into Dell Tech Suppot, but if have to send it in to be serviced who knows when I'll get it back. :-(

And as if all that wasn't bad enough, it's been storming so bad all night that the road in front of the girls' school was flooded just enough to knock the belt off my van this morning. I had to send the girls off across the school's parking lot with a umbrella while I attempted to make it home with no power steering and the van running solely off the battery. Thank goodness for a great battery and living only 5 minutes away from school.

You really find out just how strong you are when you have to steer a van with no power steering.

I'm having a bad day. Tim is on his way home from work to save me from it, but I doubt even he can help with more than just the van. I'm now in the most sour mood I've been in in a long time. Heaven help anyone who crosses me today.

.

5 comments:

  1. (((Hugs))) My van does the exact same thing in rain. DH is teaching me to put it back on & I always carry the tool for putting it back on in the van, even when it isn't raining.

    Ack on your laptop, I hope it gets fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your having a bad day.. I hope you laptop can be fixed quickly.. Don't get me going with car problems.. I have had my share.. I know how you feel..Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not tell you how much I feel your pain. I've lost my computer so many times and now when I click in my flash drive to back up I will often hit the loops and remind my fellow authors to do the same.

    I'll pray for the return of your info. Those awesome folks at Citcut City and Best Buy do amazing work. Try them out. I did get back a lot from them the last time I had computer failure.

    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christie, I am so sorry to hear about your manuscript. If that happened tome, I think I'd be too discouraged. Fortunately, you seem to be taking the brighter side of that. Rewrite quickly. Don't stop for emails!

    As far as driving with no power steering, I must say it's easy to get spoiled. About 15 years ago, I was driving my dad's little isuzu truck to work and back with a baby. It had no power steering. I figured between that and my son, I didn't need to work out at a gym with weights! Juile

    ReplyDelete
  5. crap.. and i thought i had bad days!!! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete