Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I love writing!

I truly love being a writer. I find so much joy in the written word--mine and those from other authors. I've always been a lover of words. I was an avid reader at a very early age, and still to this day have teachers from my childhood who remember me as the one who always had a book in her hands. LOL!

A good story is better than a t.v. show any day of the week. I'd rather be reading a book than watching television anytime. Better than that, I'd rather be writing my own books!!

I love how the words can flow across the computer screen while my fingers fly across the keyboard as if with a mind of their own. Once they stop stabbing the keys I'm always amazed that the numerous words, sentences, paragraphs, chapters on the screen came from me, and me alone. This is why I always say that it's just me, my music, and the voices in my head!

When I'm writing, all I hear are the voices of my characters and whatever music I have blaring straight into my brain. I write best when I have music that matches the pace of the story's current scene. If it's a fight scene, or something very intense, I need metal... a loud, growling, powerful song that will help convey the thoughts and feelings that my characters are dealing with. If it's a sweet, heartfelt, love scene then I prefer something softer to match. For sex scenes it can go either way... depending upon who is having the sex and under what circumstances. LOL!

The mind of a writer is an interesting place that is never vacant. There are always people, places, scenes, events rolling around in there, just waiting for their right moment to enter the reality of the world around us. Only another writer would believe how many stories I have sitting here in my notebook, waiting for their turn to occupy my attention.

I have story ideas coming to me at all hours of the day and night. Scenes finish themselves out in my dreams. Declarations of love hit me in the shower. I never know when something will pop up.

So yes, I love writing, reading, books, words, and other writers who will always be the only people in the world to understand what the hell I'm rambling on about. LOL!!

Have a great night. :-)

.

1 comment:

  1. I to love reading and writing.. but the writing comes a bit harder for me! BLAH!!! Wish I could be published!

    ReplyDelete