Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a weekend!

Good Sunday morning all. How was your weekend? I hope it went well and that you were able to have a nice time.

Well, my weekend was wild. So Thursday started out normal. I spent the morning with Tim and then we decided to go to Lowe's for some garden stuff. We got a decent amount of stuff, along with some fresh vegetable seeds. Then we had a normal Thursday afternoon/evening after the kids came home from school.

Friday was busy, but they always are. We did our normal Friday errands in the morning. Later in the afternoon Tim decided he'd go to pick-up time at school with me. Afterwards we ran off to find some new batteries for our remote lock controls for my van. His has been dead for ages, and mine was getting close. Turns out that you can just get 2-packs of these at Wal-mart. Yay!

Welllllll, on our way to Wal-mart my sister called and asked if the kids could spend the night with her. Like I'm gonna say NO. Duh! LOL! She came to get them before dinner and then I spent the rest of the evening with my man.

Tim and I grilled out Friday evening. We'd bought fresh ears of corn and baking potatoes earlier because we'd already planned to grill out. It was fantastic! He's a great griller. Yum!

We enjoyed some drinking time (I was quite tipsy & very relaxed, LOL), hung out together, and then curled up in the hammock for about an hour. He had the tiki torches lit and music was playing. It was very nice. Once the sun went down we headed inside for other special alone time. LOL!

Saturday we woke up at 8am, picked up the girls, and took a trip to the local trash dump. Luckily we only have to go like twice a year. After that we went to a local garden center for a bag of mushroom dirt to be tilled into the garden. When we got home we burned some stumps, spread the mushroom dirt across the garden plot, and then Tim tilled the plot while I mowed the grass on the side yard.

THEN... the girls begged to spend the night with Tim's parents! *Shock* Two nights in a row alone?!?! Wow! So they ran off again and Tim and I visited my sister before picking up some Subway for dinner and heading back home.

We ate, I did laundry, he watched a Nascar race he had on the DVR, and we just hung out. It's just so quiet when the kids aren't here. Very strange, yet very relaxing. LOL!

Today is Sunday and we're heading down to his parents' house in a couple of hours for our weekly visit with them. When we come home, Tim's going to till the garden again, watch more Nascar, and just relax before a new week begins. I'll be doing laundry, making sure the kids are bathed and ready for the new week, and doing some writing. I have three or four articles I'd like to get written today, but we'll see how much time the girls let me work in peace.

Oh, and there's only 5 days until the big V!!!! Woohoo!! Tomorrow I'll have to go pick up his valium for the procedure and then we just wait. I can't believe it's finally here. He seems to think he'll be able to do all kinds of yard work next weekend, but I doubt he's going to feel like it. I hope I'm wrong though!

Okay, I'm off for the day. Have a great Sunday!