Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome to Friday.

Morning all. Yeah, it's later than I try to usually post. I generally aim for first thing in the morning, as soon as I wake up. However, this morning was a bit busier than usual, so here I am now... at nearly lunchtime. LOL!

Yesterday was a busy day. We got up at 9am and discovered that Tim's first unemployment check had been direct deposited into our bank account a day earlier than expected. Yay! Money in the bank account is always a good thing to have. Too bad it all leaves so quickly. LOL.

The older girls didn't climb out of bed until 10am. *Shocking*

We all ate a quick breakfast. I made all the girls strawberry smoothies to order and had a yogurt myself. Then Tim and I decided to surprise the kids by taking them to the Tennessee Aquarium for the day.

We left out at noon and didn't get home until 6pm. We now have a 1 year family membership to the aquarium and can go anytime we want. It just made sense to spend an even $100 for an entire year over the $88 it would've cost to get all 5 of us in for one time.

We had a good time and all 3 of the girls behaved nicely. Kaitlyn--our4yr old--had never been and she was so excited. The last time we went I was pregnant with her. So it's been a while. LOL. She ran from exhibit to exhibit declaring how "pretty" and "beautiful" everything was. She was amazed at all the creatures, and even touched some fish in the touch tanks. She had a great time.

Today Tim and I are being treated to two, count them 2, nights without the kids! Mom is taking them tonight and then my sister wants them tomorrow. Not only that, but my sister wants Mom to just bring the kids straight to her house tomorrow... without stopping here! Wow! We won't know how to act. Oh, wait! Yessssss, we will!!! ;-)

Nonetheless, the kids are now packed up for two nights away, Tim is ironing a pair of shorts for the youngest (with a little beginning help from me) and we're discussing what to make for dinner tonight. When it's just the two of us we always cook together. It's nice. <3

Today is a good day. I was even awakened by my frisky hubby this morning. Closing & locking the bedroom door is definitely a great way to start the day. LOL!

Well, he's done ironing now. I guess it's time for me to get busy with other items of interest. For now, enjoy a few of the 100 pictures I took at the aquarium yesterday. :-) Some are blurry or dark, but mainly because my camera batteries died & I had to take a lot of them with my cell phone. Plus the lighting is so pretty in there that if you use the flash it darkens or washes out the pics and if you don't it throws the contrast off. Oh well, what can ya do? LOL!


















No comments:

Post a Comment