Friday, October 2, 2009

The start of a wonderful weekend.


Yep, that's right.  The day hasn't even really begun, but I know that it's just the start to a wonderfully fantastic weekend.  I don't care what happens, I'm determined to have a great weekend, and that's that.  Determination and a positive outlook can accomplish anything!  And I definitely have tons of both.  :-)

Yesterday I made something I haven't tried before... homemade bread bowls.  They were super yummy, and since I made a beef stew in the Crock-Pot, just the perfect thing to set off a super yummy dinner.  Our middle daughter doesn't eat a lot of meat, so she passed on the beef stew.  Well, the 4yr old told her, "Sara, you missed a yummy dinner!"  It was funny, and super cute.

I had a productive day yesterday.  We did grocery shopping, I washed 4 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, cut up and through everything together for beef stew, and made those bread bowls.  Tim cleaned up a bit and did some weed eating.

Speaking of the man, he did manage to find some race tickets in the monetary limit I'd set for him.  LOL.  I knew he would if he wanted to go bad enough.  Now I have to go and order the tickets for him.  ;-)

Oh, and I did some book writing too.  It was a good day.

Today we don't have to go out for anything other than school drop-off and pick-up.  I've sworn off article work this weekend until I'm done with the new chapter writing.  I've decided that I will do NaNoWriMo after all this year, so I'm determined to get this one finished so I can write book 2 in this series during November.  Should be lots of fun... yeah, fun, that's it!  50,000 words in 30 days.  Why do I torture myself so.  Oh yes, I'm a writer and that's what I do.  LOL.

Nonetheless, today will be another work day.  I'm thinking that I'll lock myself away in the bedroom and let Tim & the youngest fend for themselves together.  Surely they'd survive a few hours without me.  Um, yeah, wishful thinking, I know, but I may try it anyway. 

Mom is suppose to take the kids tonight.  Tim & I are planning a peaceful night at home with cheddar turkey hotdogs, potato salad, grown up drinks, and Netflix dvds.  I enjoy our nights alone... and the morning after when we get to sleep until 10am.

I'm off for today.  I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a glorious weekend.  :-)


*Image: Taken by me on our first trip to the Bank of America 500 in Charlotte, NC. Oct. 2007*

No comments:

Post a Comment