Thursday, October 1, 2009

Welcome to October!


I love the month of October!  I can't believe it's finally here.  October has always been a magical, fun, exciting month for me.  As children, it's the month we get to plan out our Halloween costumes, think about all the yummy goodies we'll receive, and maybe even throw a Halloween party of our own.

As an adult, I still enjoy costume decisions, parties, and the excitement the children share with me.  When else can you buy arm loads of costumes, make-up, decorations, and candies without being looked at sideways.  LOL!  Oh, and I can't forget about apple-picking and making all sorts of yummy things with those apples.

However, I also find that October is a happy month around here.  I like the milder temperatures, the changing leaves, playing outside as much as possible before cold weather hits.  Tim & I also like to plan a get-away for just the 2 of us in October.  For the last 2 years we've been going to Charlotte, NC for a Nascar race.  I doubted that we'd get to go this year, but Tim's determined to find tickets in my pre-assigned ticket price range.  LOL.  We'll see if he manages to do it before the race.  ;-)

Yes, yes, I know.  I spoil that man far too much.  Sex anytime, anywhere he wants, a nice library of Xbox games, meals he loves, attention whenever he wants it... yep, he's quite spoiled.  Oh well, I have fun, and he does anything I ask him to do. 

Anyway, back to October.  This is a fun month for me, and I know it'll go by too quckly.  Nonetheless, I still have a lot of work to do, too.  My goal is to completely finish the rewrites and edits for Time For Death before we go to the race (if we go).  Then I'll have about 2 weeks left in October before I have to worry about NaNoWriMo starting on November 1st.  I already know what story I'll write that month, but if I don't get done with this one I won't even bother starting another in November.  Soooo, I'm determined!

I did start the new chapter 13 today, and tomorrow I'll get more done on it after we run some errands.  Well, if Tim leaves my laptop alone long enough for me to work.  He likes my laptop for ticket searching over the desktop.  I might have to buy him his own after the new year so he'll leave mine alone and stop whining about using a purple one.  LOL.

Okay, since today is October 1st, it's time to announce that my September e-Book giveaway is over.  The winner of an Alex & Fiona book in e-Book form is Shannon S.!  Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!  I've already contacted the winner and hope to hear from her soon.  :-)
Thank you to all of my new blog followers, and be on the lookout for future goodies.  I love giving away goodies.  :-)  My next contest will probably be in December, so keep an eye out for announcements. 

That's it for me this morning.  I've got big, busy plans for today... and I need to keep Tim on his toes begging for race tickets.  It's always a lot of fun to see how much extra attention I get from him when he wants something big.  *giggle*  I got a foot rub last night!  Woohoo!

Have a great Thursday.  :-)



*Image: Taken by my oldest daughter back in Feb. Tim & I were getting ready to head off to that bed & breakfast we visited.*

No comments:

Post a Comment