Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving! Thursday Thoughts #8


Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving Day!  It's a day for rest, relaxation, enjoying your loved ones, and pigging out on enough food to feed you for a week.

We're going to my sister's for Thanksgiving lunch today.  I usually take the holiday, but she & her new hubby moved into a new house a few months ago and she wanted to host.  I wasn't about to complain that someone wanted to cook for ME for a change.

I figured I'd post this morning because I'm sure I won't feel like it this evening after all the food and Christmas decorating.  The kids will want to be lazy and watch movies, and I'll be right there enjoying the peace with them.

With a day all about being thankful, today's Thursday Thoughts will be all about what I'm thankful for this year.  Sure, there are days when things don't go quite right, and we feel less than happy with the world around us.  But on days like this, we have to look around and remember how happy and loved we are.

Even when the kids are screaming, fighting, and driving us up a wall.  Even when the spouse can push our buttons from dawn to dusk.  Even when the phone rings non-stop and all we want to do is go back to bed.  Even when everything piles up on us and we aren't sure that we can take another day of nonsense...

That's when we need to look around and be thankful for what we do have, who loves us, and who we love.

I'm thankful for a mother who happily takes the kids off my hands every other Friday.  I'm thankful for the husband who has loved me every single day since June 1993.  I'm thankful for my girls, who make me laugh even when I feel like exploding.  I'm thankful for the opportunity to have a job that I enjoy.  I'm thankful for my health and happiness... even when I'm dealing with a migraine and feeling quite unhappy.

I'm thankful for so many things every day.  I only wish that everyone could see through the negativity of the world around them and find the good.  There are so many negative people in the world that some days it's difficult to be happy with ourselves. 

So take today and do just that.  Be happy, be thankful, be the you that you want to be.  Ignore the naysayers and be cheerful!

Now, I'm off to get my babies dressed and head out to enjoy Thanksgiving Day.  I hope you enjoy yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment