Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #6: Christmas Shopping

What a beautiful morning here in north Georgia!  The sun is shining brightly and there isn't a cloud in the sky.  It's very windy, thus quite a bit chilly, but it's very lovely out there.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day for me.  I was exactly one full day behind on my NaNo word count... until yesterday.  After three different writing sessions, I ended up writing 3,381 words by the end of the day.  I'm not caught up, and a little ahead on the necessary 1,667 words per day.  I'll need a few more great writing days like that in order to finish early, but I'll be happy with finishing on time.

On another YAY twist of information, I also heard some exciting news about one of my other writing ventures.  Nothing to announce publicly (yet), but it made me happy.  :-)

Today I'll be working on dwindling down my Christmas shopping list.  I was going to do it last night, but I was on a writing roll, and everyone knows (or should now) that if you're on a writing roll you do NOT stop for anything.  So today is shopping day.

What I'm wondering is, why, with three girls who are always asking for millions of things they see on tv, in magazines, hear from friends, why is it that they can never give me a decent list of gift ideas?  They go for the high-priced gadgets and gizmos that they know I'm not going to buy them instead.

Sure, Mommy knows you want an iPhone, a jukebox, and that $200 charm bracelet.  But you know Mommy isn't going to buy those items, has told you numerous times over the last few months that you aren't going to get those items, and you might as well come up with other, lesser priced gifts.

"But Moooommmm!"

Sheesh.  Kids.

I have a few ideas for the kids, my Mom told me exactly what she wanted, my sister suggested what she might want, Tim knows nothing (but I have ideas), and I have absolutely no ideas for the in-laws or my grandmother.  Plus I have a few friends to buy for.  We'll see how it goes.

My oldest is into all the "Twilight" stuff.  She has posters, a bag, and numerous trinkets.  My sister got her more to go with her collection, too.  But really, I don't want to get her something else like that.  I like buying them books, creative stuff, gifts that make them think or amaze them.... but without spending a freakin' fortune.  And no, she's not getting a cell phone no matter how much she begs, pleads, and swears that, "but allllll my friends have one!"

So anyway, that's what I'll be up to today.  I'll be scouring the internet in search of the perfect gifts this morning, and then having another fabulous writing day this afternoon.  Yep, that's that!

Now I'm off to order a copy of the new Star Trek movie for a certain someone who made sure to let me know that Target free shipping on that movie.  LOL!

Have a wonderful day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment