Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wanna Know Wednesday #46: I'm thankful for...


The big day is nearly here.  The kids are excited, Tim's asking one more time if he can open his gift early, I have cooking to do tomorrow and Friday, and a certain slowness is surrounding the house.  Time seems to slow down when you're waiting on something special to arrive/happen.  No matter how much you wish the days to speed away, they just will not oblige.

I had a fairly peaceful day yesterday.  I managed to do very little, including finishing a book I was reading.  I don't know how it happened, but it played out that way and I was very happy it did (after Monday's room cleaning & moving fiasco).

Today doesn't look too busy either.  However, tomorrow will start the craziness.  I'll get up early to cook a turkey & heat up dinner rolls to take to the in-laws' house. We'll have lunch and open gifts there before heading to my sister's house for dinner and more gifts.  After all of that, we'll come back home to make Santa's cookies, prep the reindeers' carrots, open one gift (I buy the kids new pjs every year to be opened on Christmas Eve), and then rush the kiddies off to bed.

Oh, and Tim will be getting his Christmas Day ham ready to smoke the next day.  It will be a busy, yet fun day.

With all the craziness, I'm glad I finished our shopping before now.  You couldn't pay me enough to go anywhere near a mall, grocery store, or the always busy Wal-Mart.  I hate crowds to begin with, but those last minute holiday shoppers can be downright spiteful if they think you're even thinking about the item their hands are reaching for.  Nope, not me!  You can keep that insanity all to yourself.  LOL!

Since it's the time of the year to reflect on happiness, love, and the people you cherish the most, here is my Wanna Know Wednesday for this week:

Christie is Most Thankful for--
  1. Tim.  I love that man to pieces.  Probably far more than he'll ever fathom in his lifetime.
  2. My babies.  These kids are spoiled, love to fight & argue, have the eye rolls down to a science, an yet I can't imagine life without them.
  3. My health.  We should all be thankful that we're still here for one more day.
  4. My home.  It may be small, but it's ours.  Well, as long as we keep those mortgage payments going out every month.  LOL!
  5. My family.  I wouldn't know what to do without my mom, sister and grandmother.
  6. My friends.  Both online and off, I have some of the most wonderful friends around.  You guys and gals are the best!
  7. Creativity. Yes, I can be thankful for something that comes from myself.  LOL. I'm thankful for the fact that I can come up with stories over people enjoy and, dare I say it, love.
  8. Books.  There's never a day that goes by that one book or another isn't on my mind for some reason.  Could be one of mine, or one I want to read, but there's always a book there somewhere.
  9. Rex the Super Pup.  I didn't want an indoor dog, but I'm glad the kids & Tim convinced me.  He's a doll and a lot of fun to play with.
  10. The internet!  For without this precious commodity, none of us would be HERE today.

Okay, that's if for today.  I hope you're not out there in the last-minute shoppers checkout lines, but if you are just know, I feel for you.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment