Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting back to business.

Good morning everyone!  I was graced with three days of beautiful sunshine and warmer temps this past weekend.  That left me in a gloriously wonderful mood yesterday, which has flowed into today even though it rained all night and the sky is promising to be an ugly shade of gray.  Oh well, what can you do.  I'm just thankful for the hint of spring I was able to enjoy.

As most of you know, I spent all of last week on vacation with the family.  We had a blast the entire week!  We visited places we hadn't been before, did new things, tried new things and simply had a great vacation.  Aside from the plagiarism interruption, there were no disappointments during the trip.  The mountains were gorgeous with all the snow on them.  It was a lot of fun.

We got home Friday.  After throwing one of the six loads of laundry into the washer, we had to run right back out to do some end of the week errands (groceries, bills, etc.).  Saturday was filled with chores, cleaning, and then the kids went to spend the night with Tim's parents.  We took that chance to have our late Valentine's Day night.  Dinner out, drinks, shopping... Then much more once we returned home.  ;-)  It was a lovely night.

Now it's Monday and I must be getting back to business.

Tim just took the older girls to school and the youngest is waiting for me to make her some breakfast.  I have work to do, phone calls to make, paperwork from last year to dig up, novels to both query and work on, and numerous other chores to tend to.  Tim has to call the mechanic about my van as we haven't heard anything from him yet.  I was hoping to have it back by now.  No such luck I suppose.

Speaking of luck, I had a touch of it over the weekend.  I spent $7 on some lottery tickets and ended up making $23 back.  Now that's the kind of return I like.  I didn't wake up a millionaire, but at least I had some extra cash in my wallet.  :-)

Ooohhh, and I ordered my Kindle yesterday!!!  Woohoo!  It'll be here on Tuesday.  I'm so excited!  Now I can have the library I always wanted, without the constraints of bookshelf space.  Yay!  I can't wait for it to get here.

Okay, I must be going.  The youngest has tolerated my nonchalant attitude toward breakfast for as long as she's going to.  "Mommyyyyyyy, I'm hungry!"  LOL.  I guess my time's up.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. It's always the way isn't it, you have a holiday and get home to endless chores, including a mountain of washing. And then you wonder why you went away in the first place!!

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete