Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Don't steal entries.

It has come to my attention that one of my blog entries has been stolen, copied and then pasted in its entirety on another blog.  Don't do this people.  It's stealing, copyright infringement and simply WRONG.  If you want to share my entries with your friends, or on your blog, please do so correctly.

Don't know the correct way?  Well, it's easy... Don't share the whole thing!  The best way is to simply link to my blog.  That's a great way to do it!  If you need to intrigue your readers, choose a small portion (no more than a paragraph or two) to post on your blog and then include my name and the entry link for people to follow and read the rest.

If you really MUST share my entire entry, ASK PERMISSION FIRST!  I don't turn down much, so more than likely you would get my permission.  But if I find that you've stolen my words without asking, well, let me just say that there is legal action to be taken when it comes to plagiarism.

My book excerpts are fine to share however you'd like, but the personal stuff at the beginning and end of my blog entries should not be included.

It's really not that difficult, and I'm hoping that the person who has committed this crime just doesn't know any better.  Just because it's a blog doesn't mean that you can take it.  The same rules apply with photography and artwork.  Just because it's online doesn't means it's free for you to use however you want without permission.

Now, I'll get back to my vacation.



No comments:

Post a Comment