Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Survival!

Yep, I'm here.  I survived my first night alone.  It took a while to get to sleep, but I didn't wake up too much more than I usually do.  I did have a bout of tears from the 5 year old when her bedtime rolled around because she didn't get to kiss her daddy good-night.  Poor little one.

Tim came home pretty exhausted this morning, but we turned the bedroom into a cave by blocking all sunlight.  He should sleep pretty well today.  It'll take some time, but he'll get use to the night shift again.

Last night the winner of my Time For Death giveaway shared that she'd received the goodies.  Here's what she had to say about it.   Yay, I won – Thank you Christie!  From Karlyn

I enjoy giving goodies to deserving fans.  I'm always thinking about new ways to accomplish just that.  However, due to time constraints and family responsibilities, I can only do it a few times a year.  I don't know when the next one will be, but there WILL be a next one.  :-)

Today I'm working on laundry.  It's not pleasant, but it has to be done.  The kids have a tendency to let their hamper get over full before they bring it to me.  When that happens it takes a lot longer to finish it all.

While all the laundry is doing its thing, I'm going to work on a couple of articles to get the writing juices flowing and then I'll jump into Kill Me Next week.  Only two more weeks until school ends and I'll be able to do my best writing in the dark of night.  Darkness is much more conducive to writing about supernatural beings.  Oh, and sex scenes flow faster in the night.  ;-)

Until then, I'll be working on small daylight scenes and editing. Every little bit helps to move the process forward, even if only at a snail's pace.

Okay, I'm off.  Have a great Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment