Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Haunted by Death Release Postponed

Many of you reading this are friends/fans/followers on Facebook and Twitter, so you already know the difficulties my family has been going through the last month. But for those who don't...

Tim's dad, my father-in-law, has been extremely sick due to COPD, emphysema, and a mass on one lung. We started the month of September with one of his routine breathing "attacks." That led into a nine day hospital stay, during which he developed a DVT in his left leg.

After that, there was a week in a nursing home for rehabilitation on the left leg. After a week there he had another severe "attack" and was sent to the emergency room. That was ten days ago. FIL has gone downhill from there. Not just downhill, but a landslide down the side of a mountain.

He isn't expected to survive to the coming weekend.  :(

What does this have to do with the next Liz Baker book being postponed?  A lot, actually. Since my husband is an only child I've been dealing with his dad's problems. I'm the one watching over him, I took him to doctor appointments the week before this started, I'm the one he asks for when he's lucid enough to want me, and I'm the one who sits at the hospital with him. At the end of the day, I'm out of time.

Therefore, the release for Haunted by Death must be postponed until I have time to give it the time it deserves. I was hoping to have it released before I head to New Orleans for the Undead Con at the end of the month, but that's just not going to happen.

All in all, I will get it released, but it won't be until November.  I am so sorry to all of you waiting patiently (and some not-so-patiently, lol) for the next installment of Liz's life, but please bare with me until we get the matter of Tim's dad taken care of. The nurses and doctors aren't giving him long left to live, and we want to be there as much as possible for what time he does have.

Lots of love to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment