|Me & my youngest on her 11th b-day.|
Ignore the no make-up. I was doing
school pickup. :)
Yeah, I know, I'm a little late on the uptake here. This is the first week in a long time where I can actually sit at my laptop, take a deep breath, and write. My mind clears and the ideas run rampant. My fingers fly across the keyboard and before I know it there's a new chapter in front of me. I love it! Giddiness takes over after a good day of writing.
So let's get to a little Good News vs. Bad News here. I'll just bullet point it all for you.
- Some piece of trash hacked my bank account last week. They stole $380 from Charlotte, NC. I haven't been to Charlotte in nearly 10 years!!
- My winter blues have kicked in and I feel extremely dreary all the freaking time (except when I've had a good writing day).
- My mom is still going through chemo. I'm in charge of her calendar & taking her to 98% of her appointments... some of which were sprung on me the day before.
- BOTH of my younger daughters are going into braces! The 15 yr old will get hers the end of February/beginning of March. And my 11 yr old will go into hers this time next year. 8 months of double braces payments. UGH!
- I will not be attending Book 'Em NC this year. With everything going on around here I just don't feel comfortable being that far away from home.
- I turned 39 on the 17th. ACK!!! Nooooo!!
- My bank reversed all the $380 that piece of trash stole from my bank account. Get a job, douchebag!
- Exercise, vitamins, & writing help me with the winter blues. And spring will be here soon!
- My mom's cancer has shown great results from the chemo!! We found out last week that all the small cancer spots are gone & the big stuff has shrunk dramatically. The doctor is hoping the next 4 rounds of chemo will get it all. And then maybe we can say the R-word!!
- Braces... Upside of braces... Hmmm... Oh, I guess it's good I'll only have double payments for 8 months. ??? Maybe?
- There's really no good news for not attending Book 'Em. :(
- I turned 39, but I don't feel 39. Physically, I feel great!
Overall, that's about it right now. I'm anticipating more writing this year since my mom is moving into my rental house right down the hill from my house. I'll be able to keep an eye on her easier and still get my work done. Hell, I drive by my rental, at the very least, 4 times a day just taking kids to and from school. I'll be glad to have her close by AND be able to work, again.
I hope 2016 turns out to be a great year for all of you.