Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Why I do what I do.

Andre Bergonzzi
freeimages.com
I've been writing since I was a small child. As a teenager friends would come to me to make up believable stories they could tell their parents when they wanted to do something completely different (i.e. trouble). I wrote in journals, notebooks, on scraps of paper, and had an avid love affair with all things books. Any money I made babysitting was spent on the newest book of the series I was reading at that time. I also loved (and still do) pens, stationary, blank journals, and bookmarks. The fancier the better!

But, even with all of that love of the written word, I didn't actually start writing until the summer of 2005. My kids were small, one in school and the other two home with me, and I was looking for an online way to make a little money. A lady I knew told me about a website that paid for articles, so I looked into it. I wrote for that company for about a year before I got tired of writing online articles about product reviews and recipes, so I took the leap and moved to the fiction I had always loved.

Fiction is fun. I get to be creative with fiction. There's no right or wrong when it comes to fiction. I enjoy creating my characters and their worlds. I like being able to tell a story about someone who meets, befriends, and even loves monsters. Or, hell, is one herself!

Why do I do what I do?  Simply put... I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment