Friday, July 7, 2017

Too Much Rain

Image from Ekaterina Boym-Medler
@ Freeimages.com
I don't about where you live, but we've had so much rain lately in North Georgia that I feel like I'm going to float away. I've screamed in frustration and huffed in desperation several times over the last few weeks. The many acres of land we have needs to be mowed and trimmed. The chicken yard is so muddy and gross, and needs a new layer of dry leaves for the hens to enjoy, but I can't do it with all the rain. The water level in our pool is maxed out due to all the rain, and boy is it hard to keep clean when it it storms twenty minutes after I've shocked it (in hopes of swimming the next day). I've literally been in my pool ONE TIME since we opened it in May. UGH!

This past weekend I got 5 days off from the day job due to Independence Day and my hubby got 3 days off. It... Rained... Every... Freaking... Day!!!  We mowed a lot of sopping wet grass over several days. A task that usually takes us 1 day when we do it together.

And to beat it all, it'll be bright and sunny during the hours of 9am & 1-2pm, but as soon as I'm supposed to get off work at 2:30pm the skies open up and it rains the rest of the day. However, today I'm off work, but had to take my car for an oil change. I woke up to a nasty rainstorm, drove to and from my oil change in light showers, came home to spend some time with the hubby before he went to bed for the day (he's a night shifter...YUCK!), and now it's bright and sunny out there. *FacePalm*

Can you hear the frustration in my words? I certainly feel it.

Screw it... I'm going to go do some writing! That always makes me happy.

I hope you're all staying dry and enjoying your summer. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment