Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Trials of a Book Series

So, I've come to realize that picking up a series after two years leaves a massive need to reread all the books that came before. I'm working on book 7 in the Liz Baker series and realized I've forgotten a lot of the small details. I have a character database, but apparently I wasn't as detailed as I should have been. Not to mention, all the plots and subplots that are still working their way through the series. EEK!

I sat down and went through my notes on each book, but those aren't as helpful as you'd think since a lot time my stories take their own twists and turns... away from my notes. I'm really going to have to sit down, starting with book 1, and go through each on making new notes of what came before. I'd hate to disappoint readers by contradicting what was said in one book, or by not tying up loose ends before the series is over. And I certainly don't want to change the descriptions of all the hotties in those books. Heck no!

And here's where you guys come in.....

If you saw a plot or subplot in one of the books that you feel hasn't already been addressed or finished, please, let me know. If there's a character you'd like to see more of, of possibly know more about, let me know. Email me, message me on Facebook, or leave a comment here. One way or another I'll see your message and see what I can do about addressing you suggestion. In the meantime, I'm going back to the previous books to see what I can dig up. And maybe a better database is in order in case this problem arises again.  :D



No comments:

Post a Comment