Monday, January 21, 2019

January Observances: Clean Up Your Computer Month

Time for another issue of January Observances! This week I want to share with you that January is Clean Up Your Computer Month. Have you cleaned your computer lately? I know I haven't. I do have it on my To-Do list for this month though.

As a writer, I really need to back up my WIPs (work-in-progress) regularly and in several locations. I learned a long time ago to never depend on a single draft in my laptop, and I learned that the hard way. Talk about a stressful 2 weeks while I waited for my laptop to return from the warranty department at Dell. I was on pins and needles waiting to see if they had erased all my data, or if my book file was still intact. I thanked the heavens above as I booted up my laptop and all my files were still there. Whew! Thus my learning experience that taught me to save my stuff in numerous locations, both online and off.

Sooooo, time to clean things up, update my antivirus program, clear out all those old files, upload photos, backup my current WIP to a flash drive, and make sure my online storage is up to date. While I'm at it, I guess I should clean up my phone too.

Let this be a reminder to all of my wonderful readers: Clean Up Your Computer! :)

Have a great week and I'll see you next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment