Wednesday, January 8, 2020

6 Months of Insanity: Rental Property & a Grandbaby

My preggo daughter!
Hello, my wonderful readers! I've missed you all tremendously & and been tweaking hard for some writing time. Soooo, I'm going to jump in and give you guys an update on the insanity that has become my life the last six months.

#1.  The hubby & I have been remodeling our rental house since July 2019. This started out as something "simple" and "necessary," but quickly escalated into a massive overhaul project before we knew it. The entire house was torn down to bare subfloors and some rooms were down to wall studs. We tore out old, dark, wood paneling and found good sheetrock behind it. We had to patch holes, replace some and re-rock the entire bathroom (which was the worst room in the house). We replaced flooring, carpets, lights, tore out the entire kitchen and started from scratch. And a million other little things too exhausting to recount. And to this day, we still have to lay flooring in the living room/dining room area and put down baseboards before cleaning it all.

All of this for reason number 2.........

#2.  Our middle daughter is making us grandparents for the first time! She is due in late May 2020 and we are all preparing for this little one's arrival. Aside from the house remodel, I'm also shopping for the baby, planning the massive baby shower, and attending ultrasound appointment to see my new grandbaby every chance I get. We are just a few days away from finding out if it's a boy or girl. And then the shopping spree really begins! Oh, and since I'm far too young to be a Granny or Mamaw, I've decided to be Gammie. So, Gammie's baby will be wildly spoiled once he or she makes their arrival in a few months.

And during all of this insanity I even jumped in and....

#3. I am now a Master Certified Life Coach! This has been something I enjoy and when the opportunity to become certified fell in my lap I certainly couldn't pass it up. I spent several months working on courses and exams before I finally celebrated the certification. I work online and off, with an office to work out of at my day job. If you're curious, feel free to check it out at TailgateLifeCoaching.com

In the meantime, I've been working that day job I enjoy, running the household, enjoying holidays and birthday, all while working on that dang house that I'm extremely sick of. My Army daughter came home for Christmas. I had her for two weeks and it was wonderful. The holidays were fun and peaceful. Nothing crazy at all (thank goodness!)

Now that the new year is here, it's time to celebrate two more birthdays: my youngest is turning 15 & I'll be 43. I'm slowly getting back to my book writing and plan to release the next Liz Baker book in 2020. Stay tuned for future updates.

Happy New Year & wish me luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment