Tuesday, July 3, 2007

When do you write?

It's an interesting question that I've been contemplating lately. It's not about just finding time to write, but more about the actual time of day that you write. I've found that I write different types of things at particular times of day.

It seems that I can write my articles for Associated Content any time of day. As long as the children are keeping occupied and I have a good 20 minutes then I can crank out an article for AC. When it comes to my book, Vampires, Werewolves & Infatuation, Oh My! I absolutely MUST do my writing at night.

I think that the reason I am writing the book so much easier at night is because 90% of the book takes place at night. I have found that I have to be sitting in my empty livingroom, while everyone else is sleeping, with pitch blackness outside my windows in order to concentrate on my book. My husband comments often about me staying up until 1am so many nights, but you have to do what you have to do in order to complete a task......especially when it's something that you love doing and are passionate about.

Oh well, at least I know that no one will be bothering me while I'm writing late at night. LOL!

Book Update: Chapter 13 COMPLETED!

No comments:

Post a Comment