Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spending time with the family.

Today was one of those days where all I wanted to do was stay at home, clean the house and then relax with my family. Unfortunately, my husband had other plans. He whines all week about having to drive an hour to and from work and yet one the weekends, when he could be relaxing at home, he wants to go, go, go. Drives me batty.

Anyway, today he just HAD to go to Wal-Mart. No reason, just wanted to go and look around to see if he could find some little piece of useless trash that no one really needs. So after him bothering me for an hour, while I was trying to get some work done, I finally say FINE and off we go.

Well, our normally sweet-as-pie 2 yr old decided that today would be a fantastic day to practice her tantruming skills. If you have kids you know the kind of tantrums where you're trying to get a kicking and screaming toddler out of the store while hoping that no one thinks you're kidnapping them. LOL. It was hell! LOL. She screamed all the way home (30 min drive). All the while DH is asking if I want to stop somewhere for lunch. HELL NO! Sheesh!

We get home and then I realized that I had forgotten something in town. DUH! So we load up and go back to town, get that item taken care of and then back home. When we make it home this time I proceed to make the girls pigs in blankets and fries for dinner. About an hour later we went outside, started up the firepit and let them roast a whole bag of marshmellows.

After all that, I had to bring them in, bath them and get them in their pjs. Finally is was 7:30pm and I rushed the 2yr old off to bed, pushed the older two into my room for some quiet cartoon time and am now on the computer while DH is playing on his PS2.

Ahhhhh, peace and quiet at last. All I wanted was a peaceful day at home and this is what I received. Maybe next time, maybe next time.

May you have a nice Saturday evening with the ones you love the most.

1 comment: