Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen!

It's that day of the week again... Thursday! So what's my topic for this week, you might ask. This week, the topic for my Thursday Thirteen is...

Thirteen Things That I Do When I'm Stressed!! (Yes, it's been one of those weeks)

1. I get a headache.
2. I get very ill-tempered.
3. I'm more likely to yell.
4. I become argumentative.
5. I drink a nice shot of coconut rum. It always relaxes me. LOL!
6. I go to bed early.
7. I get a little "one-on-one" time with the hubby. Always makes me feel better! LOL.
8. I go shopping, alone!
9. I listen to my music very loudly and scream along with the lyrics.
10. I block out everyone around, so much so that people have to say my name numerous times before I hear them.
11. I write, write, write, and write some more. It soothes me to just embrace my characters and their world. It removes me from what is stressing me out.
12. I play online games.
13. I chat with my friend Mis. She always makes me smile when I'm in a pissy mood. :-D

Thank goodness that I'm going out of town this weekend. The hubby & I are leaving tomorrow to take the girls away to Gatlinburg, TN, and we won't be back until Sunday evening. We love going up there, but we haven't been in about 3 yrs, and we were missing it. So I made reservations a few weeks ago and now it's finally time to go!

Thank goodness, because I need a break. A break from home. A break from book editing. A break from all the drama of the cyber world. Just a break.

Of course that doesn't mean that I'll be cut off from my cyber-world. Gosh no! I'll be taking my laptop right along with me and the hotel has free wi-fi. Soooo, if anyone really needs me while I'm gone, you can still email me and I'll answer. LOL!

Ok, I'm off for today. I have packing and shopping to do. I need to fill up the van with gas and try to get the girls' clothing packed without them knowing we are going somewhere (they don't know and we want to surprise them). I'll be back late Sunday and I hope that all of you have a wonderful weekend! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend,

    I hope as you are on your little vacation that you keep telling yourself that you Want this, You Need this, and most of all Your Deserve this....and you will have a great time...

    Here is to a Weekend of, peacefulness (as much that is possibles with little ones..wink), rest, and most of all Relaxing...

    Enjoy your little trip...

    Your Friend,
    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your Thursday 13. Where do you get the ideas for them?

    ReplyDelete