Saturday, August 16, 2008

Full Moon Tonight!

It's full moon night again. I just love a full moon; especially the big, bright ones in the winter (even though I generally despise wintertime). Unfortunately, I won't be able to see the full moon tonight. We're under cloud cover here and the best I can hope for is a rare glimpse of the bright orb through breaks in the clouds.

What is it about a full moon that draws our attention and admiration? Is it the brightness? Or maybe it's just the feeling that there's someting that big up there for us to look up and marvel at? What would we do if there was never a full moon?

I don't really notice the moon during the rest of it's lunar cycle, but when there's a full moon my thoughts go right to it. I love to sleep with my shades open when the moon is bright. There's just something about waking up in the middle of the night and basking in the glow of our lunar friend. I love it!

Maybe all of this lunar love is related to my obsession with creatures of the night. Then again, it could be from my teenage adventures of sneaking out of the house late at night and being led by the bright rays of a full moon. Oops, Mom don't read this!! LOL!!

Ok, now that I've dug myself into a hole, I'll be off. If you can see the moon tonight, go out and enjoy. Think of me, covered in clouds, and unable to see my bright friend tonight. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment