Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Harder than I expected.

Good morning everyone.  Well, the rain has stopped, but it's still dreary here.  That's okay though.  I don't plan on playing outside today. 

Last night, just an hour before bedtime, I finished putting all of those red ink edits into the book's computer file.  I ended up doing eighteen chapters yesterday.  My behind, hip, and legs were aching from having to sit for so long.  I'm a mover, and even though I absolutely love this writing gig, I need to move throughout the day.  I feel better today though.

So a little while ago I was reading on of my favorite writers' newsletter and came across a contest to pitch the first five pages of your current novel project.  Like with all contests, you have rules that must be followed and requirements for entry.  On this one, aside from the first five pages (duh), you have to include a 20-word sentence pitching the story.  Do you know how hard it is to write a 20-word sentence that tells about an entire book?  Ack!

I don't usually enter contests, but thought I'd see if I could come up with the 20 words for Time for Death.  Well, my first sentence was 27 words.  The next one was 25.  A few changes later and I ended up at 23.  Almost there!  Then, I made one more change and it now sits at 21 words.  LOL.  One word over.  That won't work for a contest that states a maximum of 20 words.  Eek!

Well that was harder than I expected.  LOL.  I'll go back later and see if I can't change it and shave that one word off.  If so, I think I'll be entering this contest.  Might be fun to see the results, and even better to be one of the winners.  ;-)
Today, aside from playing with a sentence, I'll be finishing off the last chapter of the story and printing it all out for just reading tomorrow.  Once more through the entire thing and then off to the beta readers.  :-)

This evening I have to go to a school thing for the oldest.  Hopefully it goes smoothly, and doesn't last too long.  As I've said before, I hate crowds.

Speaking of crowds, Tim & I only have a few more days until our trip up to Charlotte.  He's so excited and keeps asking for Saturday to hurry up and get here.  I'm perfectly fine with it coming at the normal daily speed.  LOL.  I still have a lot of work to get done before then.  I do enjoy our trip though. 

Before I go, I want to congratulate Anastasia Cassella-Young for being the chosen person to enter Robin Renee Ray's Halloween goodie giveaway.  Good luck, Anastasia!  And thank you to all who left me comments.  :-)

That's it for now.  Have a great Tuesday!  Ohhh, I see the sun peeking out! 

2 comments:

  1. Hope you & Tim enjoy your trip....and also that you get your work done before Saturday arrives. I don't like crowds either, so hope your event this evening goes well. I love coming here and seeing what you're up to each day...see you tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! I'm glad you stop by everyday. *Smooches*

    The school even went well. We got there early and didn't have to worry about a crowd. YAY! We got in, visited the teachers, heard about how well the oldest is doing, and then we were out.

    Oh, and there were snow cones too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete