Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #1: It's just a game!


Good morning everyone.  I hope you're having a good morning so far.  It's still too early for me to decide if I'm having a good morning.  ;-)

Well, Tim's race tickets arrived in yesterday's mail.  He's so very excited and ready for our trip.  We have it all set to go.  I have Mom taking that night instead of Friday night, we now have the tickets, we have hotel reservations, and I have plenty of extra spending money to pay for it all and not have to take a bit from the main checking account (that's the best way to take a trip!). 

Today I'll be finishing up the last of the chapter edits (for this round).  Tomorrow will be used for finishing the last chapter.  Woohoo!  I'm excited to be at this point.  I've had 2 tester readers confirm their desire to be the firsts to get a copy of Time for Death.  Waiting on 2 more to contact me.  And I still need to choose 1 more.  Soooooo close...

Okay, so it's Thursday and I'm starting a new weekly topic called Thursday Thoughts.  This is going to be my thoughts on a random topic I've encountered within the last week.  I'll most likely use unsavory words, so cover your virgin eyes if need be.  Here's this week's...

It's Just a Game!

Why do people get so pissy on Xbox Live?  Seriously, isn't it suppose to be for fun?  Aren't you there to play games and enjoy your time?  So why is it that so many people take their games so seriously and become quite the sore losers?

The other evening, Tim was playing a driving/racing game called Dirt 2.  He plays online through the Xbox quite often and there's always one person on there who's very unsportsmanlike.  Then, then, then... It's bad enough when someone plays too aggressively, but then when they don't like you doing it back to them, they get all snippy and start sending nasty private messages.

Insults fly back and forth, people you don't even know disrespect your wife or mother, names are called, and then you end up having to block/report someone.

It's just a damn game people!  Suck it up and stop acting like the little whiny bitch you are!  Play right or don't play at all.  And if you're gonna insult someone, be prepared to get one right back.  Tim as called a "chick with a dick" the other night, so I told him to respond with "At least I have a chick AND a dick!"

This shit is why I don't play online when I play games on the Xbox (unless it's with my sister).  I have enough to deal with in my day without worrying about some pissy-ass punk needing to show off his manhood through the controller of his Xbox.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, that's it for today.  I need to get the kids to school and then get back here to do the book edits for today.  Sooooo close!

Have a great day.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment