Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Thoughts #10: It's just a reading...

Good afternoon everyone.  How has your Thursday gone?  I ended up spending half of my day in town, and I'd only planned on going to one place.  LOL. Oh well, all of my errands are done and I did finally make it home.

Today's blog entry is about something near and dear to my heart.  Through personal channels, I've received a promise to read from a New York publishing house editor!  Eek!  I'm very excited, but have to keep reminding myself, and the people around me, that this is only a promise to read... not a promise to publish.  Though I'd be more than thrilled with a promise to publish.  LOL!!

Normally this isn't the traditional route one takes when aiming to get a novel into a NY editor's hands.  Usually you have an agent first, then your agent handles the process of getting the novel into the right hands.  I would like to be overly excited and just KNOW that this is the beginning of big things to come, but I'm staying neutral, only a little giddy and maybe a touch jumpy.  LOL.  I don't want to be disappointed if it doesn't turn out to be something more than just a read.

Yes, yes, I know.  I WILL be disappointed, but I'll be less disappointed than if I were running around expecting the most from it.

Soooooo, all of you out there, keep your fingers crossed for Time for Death as it makes its way towards New York, and maybe even toward a life of book shelves!  ;-)
Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment