Monday, February 8, 2010

It's going to be a good week.

Time for another Monday.  I did not want to get up this morning.  My eyes seemed to be rejecting my contacts for the first 20 minutes. "Noooo, go back to sleep," they shouted.  As much as I would've enjoyed going back to bed, it is a school day and that wasn't a possibility.

So up I came, bounding through the house to share my unbridled joy of a new week with the kids.  I was greeted with grunts and groans, as well as a sentiment of, "I don't want to" from the teenager when told to wake up.  I did ultimately manage to wake everyone from their slumber and send Tim off with two of them for a day of education.

Just four more days of school and the kids will be out for mid-winter break next week.  Didn't they just go back from Christmas holidays?  Nonetheless, they will be out of school all next week, and we're planning a camping trip for that week.  Should be fun as long.  :-)

However, we're just beginning this week.  I have phone calls to make, errands to run, writing to do, attention to give, an Open House at the elementary school to attend, and the teenager has a Quiz Bowl meet on Wednesday.  It'll be a busy week, but I have a feeling that it will be a good one.  At least there aren't any doctor/dentist appointments. LOL.

Well, I better go.  The youngest is begging for breakfast and declaring that she'll just get the eggs down out of the fridge then.  Sheesh!  Such impatience.  I'm off to make toast and eggs.  Have a wonderful Monday, and don't forget about Excerpt Tuesday tomorrow.  It's time for A Birth at Dawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment