Friday, May 7, 2010

Escaping...

Tim is home this morning.  Yesterday was his last day of day shift.  Starting next Tuesday he'll be working nights, and I'll have to learn to sleep alone for 3 days out of the week.  Luckily, once the kids are out of school I won't have to worry about going to bed at a decent hour in order to wake up at 6am.

Years ago when Tim was working nights, I discovered that my most favorite time of day to write was actually when he was at work and everyone in the house was fast asleep.  The silence of midnight is golden when you're trying to write a vampire sex scene.  I'd stay up and work until 2 a.m., knocking out 2-3 chapters a night, and then sleep until 9 a.m., when the kids would finally demand some sort of morning nourishment.  I loved those nights!

Unfortunately, my writing day yesterday wasn't as successful as I'd hoped it would be.  The 5yr old did not comprehend the part about me actually working.  What's funny is that most of her demands were for me to spell words for her.  When they're this age and interested in the spelling of words, well, you just gotta do it.

On the upside, I did manage to edit a few chapters, even if I couldn't find any quiet time to write a few chapters.  Editing sucks at times, but at other times it actually helps to keep you in the story.  Especially when you're not writing regularly and need to be reminded of what you wrote previously.

There are only three weeks of school left until I can get into late night writing.  THEN, the 5yr old will go to school with her sisters when September arrives.  YAY!  I love my time with them, but mommy needs her escapes on a regular basis.

Speaking of escapes...

Tonight is date night!  I'll be taking the girls over to my mom's as soon as they get out of school and then Tim and I are going out.  I have free movie tickets to go see Iron Man 2 and some high dollar discount coupon for dinner at Red Lobster afterwards.  We should be able to get away with spending less than $20 on dinner and a movie tonight.  Not bad in my book!

Before I go, I promised a picture of our freshly bathed puppies from last night before a couple of them headed off to new homes.  Unfortunately, the new owner of the white & brown puppy arrived hours before  was expecting.  I hadn't even thought about giving them baths yet when he showed up.  LOL.  Oh well, he simply got a head start on getting to know his new owner.

In the meantime, here are the other puppies after their bath.  The second couple did arrive and adopted the other boy pup.  Here's hoping both boys have long, happy lives.  :-)



Okay, I must be going now.  Time to get some housework done before the day gets away from me.  Have a great Friday and weekend ahead.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment