Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Not as busy as expected.

Good morning everyone! Time for another Wednesday around here. The week is going by at a fairly decent speed this week. Monday and Tuesday were very busy, and today was expected to be busy as well. Our oldest daughter was suppose to have a Quiz Bowl meet this evening, making it a late night, but she decided that she didn't want to go... So we're not.

I'm all for the kids having extracurricular activities, but I'm not about to force them into something they don't want to do. I don't think it's right, and I won't be one of those parents. I like them to try new things, see how they like them, and then decide if it's something they want to keep doing. She loves her Reading Bowl, but Quiz Bowl doesn't appear to be her forte. We'll see.

Anyway, today was expected to be a busy day, but now I don't have to worry about it. I've spent the morning filling out paperwork and chatting with Tim. We bought groceries yesterday, so I washed all the produce, grated block cheese, cut up veggies, put everything into easy-to-grab containers, and finally separated bulk ground beef and boneless, skinless chicken breasts for future meals. It makes for a much more organized refrigerator when everything is ready for use. It also makes meal preparations faster.

I do need to go pay the power bill when I pick the kids up from school and visit with my grandmother. Other than that, I have no other household chores to tend to. We've already planned to make tacos for dinner this evening, as well. A pretty organized day!

Now if I could understand why it's so darn difficult to find a few minutes of peace and quiet when I want to write. Thinking I'll plug my ears with the mp3 player and pretend that I can't hear questions like, "What are you doing?" "What are you working on?" "Can you hear me?" "Come look at this!" "Wow! Did you see that kill?" (<--- Tim playing his new BioShock 2 game) and numerous other inquiries.

Who am I kidding? It'll never work. The 5yr old will just walk right up, stand in front of me and wave her hands in my face until I pull the earbuds out and demand to know what exactly she wants. So much for having a househusband so I could work over the last 6 months. LOL!

On the upside, Tim has agree that I will be using some cash from our tax refund to top off my Amazon gift card savings and buy my Kindle! Yay! Happy Valentine's Day to me!! Ohhhhhh, AND he spoke with the mechanic yesterday and it looks like my van doesn't need a new motor, but a radiator and a slew of little things that need to be fixed. I *should* be getting my van back after we get back from our camping trip next week. I'm super excited about both items of business! :-)

I can't wait to see my books on my new Kindle. Sure, I have my own editions sitting on my bookshelf, and of course I have the computer files stored away on my flashdrive, but I'll also have them in my Kindle... just to have them and see how they look. LOL. :-)

Okay, I better go. The youngest is asking for lunch and my cinnamon-raisin bagel has already left my stomach, so I guess it's lunchtime. Have a wonderful Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment