Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wanna Know Wednesday #52: The last one.

Happy Hump Day!  We're all just a little bit closer to the weekend today.  I certainly didn't want to crawl out of bed this morning, but once I did the day start smoothly.  Hopefully it'll keep going smoothly.

I finally got to file my income tax return on Monday.  I got Federal acceptance that night & state acceptance last night.  Now the countdown to my direct deposit begins.  I'd love to be able to just put it all into the savings account, but with the van repairs and paying off the oldest daughter's braces... well, that's just not gonna happen.  But hey, at least I'll have her monthly braces payment out of the way.  Woohoo!

Okay, it has been a year of Wanna Know Wednesdays and today's the very last one.  I had no idea what the topic would be about when I started the entry, but now that I'm working on it I've decided to make it.............

My Top 10 Hopes for 2010
  1. Tim finds a new job.
  2. My van gets fixed.
  3. The kids stay happy & healthy.
  4. A new book contract. *Fingers Crossed*
  5. New livingroom carpet.
  6. Time alone with my honey whenever possible.
  7. To lose 30 more lbs.
  8. Less stress and more fun.
  9. To fix my washed away driveway. Living on a hill isn't always a good thing.
  10. To get more writing done. At least one more Liz Baker novel.  :-)
So there.  You see a few of my yearly goals.  Some are easier done than others, but I'm still hoping for all of them.  Once spring hits, I'm planning to visit the flea markets and yard sales in search of a simple writing desk to refinish and put in my bedroom.  That way I can lock myself away to work.  Right now our only desk is in the diningroom and occupied by the desktop computer, printer, and all other computing accessories.

My bedroom has a master bathroom, so I'd only have to unlock the door to get eats & drinks.  LOL.  I already warned Tim about my future absence, too.

Speaking of writing work, here are my newest articles.  Since it's February, they are Valentine's Day topics.


All righty, it's time for me to get out of here.  See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment