Monday, June 11, 2007

Before Bed.

It is now after midnight here in Georgia, so I figured I would jump in here before I head to bed. Midnight seems to be my bedtime lately. I didn't get a stitch of writing done all weekend, but I'm ok with that because we had a nice weekend.....aside from having to go to a funeral yesterday for one of my hubby's aunts.

We bought the girls a kiddie pool yesterday and they have played in it for the last two days. It is so fun to watch our two year old enjoy a $10 pool. She won't sit on her bottom, for fear of the water being too deep, but she loves to lean over and pretend to swim. She even has little sound effects to go with it, "Fwim, Fwim, Fwim!" she says while moving her arms. It's too darn funny and yet so very adorable.

On another note, the older two girls have decided that they would like a bunkbed for their bedroom. So, being the thrifty and resourceful mommy I am, I glued a white piece of paper, with the words "Bunkbed Money", onto the front of an applesauce jar and instructed them to save up for their bunkbed. Now they think it's a huge game to see who can put the most money into that jar, and how long it will take to save up for a bunkbed. They are 10 & 6, so they are plenty old enough to save up for what they want just like the rest of us have to do. Of course mommy & daddy will be sneaking a few dollars here and there into that applesauce jar. LOL!

Ok, I'm off to bed. I'll be back tomorrow for another installment of my routine/mundane/normal life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment