Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Well, it's Thursday again. So here is my Thursday Thirteen list for today.

13 Things That I Don't...

1. I don't have a new vehicle.
2. I don't like my husband's truck.
3. I don't mind loud music.
4. I don't go more than one day without washing laundry.
5. I don't iron clothes if I can help it.
6. I don't wear high-heeled dress shoes. I have knee-high boots though.
7. I don't skate. Couldn't do it if my life depended on it. LOL!
8. I don't ride on motorcycles.
9. I don't like tomatoes, unless they are pureed and in a sauce or salsa.
10.I don't wear my natural haircolor if I can help it. It's a BLAH brown color, naturally.
11.I don't know why my children like to scream when I'm on the phone.
12.I don't know why my husband thinks I care anything about how many weeks, days & hours are left until Nascar racing begins again.
13.Lastly, I don't smoke, can't stand being around smoking people, and was absolutely thrilled when smoking was banned in public locations here in Georgia!!


Now that the list is completed, I wanted to ask a little question. I was working on a few tweaks to the blog this morning... made it a little bigger and fixed my header banner above... and I wanted to see if anyone noticed that the little black separation lines are gone. So, do you like it with the separation lines between the three sections or without, or does it not matter? LOL.

Ok, I guess that's it for today. Or maybe not!
I found out yesterday that I was nominated in the Preditors&Editors 2007 Author Readers Poll. So come on by and vote for me!! :-)

Just click here, http://critters.org/predpoll/author.shtml
Scroll down to my name & web addy "Christie Silvers" http://www.christiesilvers.com/
Click the little button thingy next to my name and then scroll down to the bottom and click the vote button.
You will have to comfirm your vote when they send you a confirmation email, so make sure to use a legitimate email addy.

Thank you to everyone who has voted or will be voting. I appreciate all of you more than you'll ever know and I was so surprised to see that I had been nominated. :-)

Have a great Thursday!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Christie! Congradulations on being nominated! I went to the site and voted fo you. It's awesome to know that there's a writer in our MUIB group! I'm an aspiring writer. I'm new to the MUIB group and just joined a few days ago. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comment and for voting. There are actually several writers on MUIB. I think I'm just the one who's out there more often in the group. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great TT Christie!

    I don't get why my husband thinks I care about inane things like cars and racing either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos on the nomination...........:)

    I like your "Don't" list, and agree with many of them. My kids didn't scream too often when I was on the phone, but when my second daughter was 3, she cut the telephone cord while I was talking...........:)

    Needless to say, that conversation ended abruptly.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband also has been reminding me which NASCAR season will start up again, ever since it ended last fall...

    Marla

    ReplyDelete