Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

Happy first day of spring, everyone! I hope that you are having a beautiful, sunshine-filled day today. It's lovely here in Georgia, but the temps are lower than I would like. Oh well, Mother Nature has her own thoughts on the matter. :-)

Welcome to this week's Thursday Thirteen. Today's topic is....

Thirteen Things I Hear As I Sit Here

1. I hear "Shake It" by Metro Station playing on my livingroom tv (I listen to the music channels as I work).
2. Further in the background, I hear an abandoned SpongeBob DVD playing in my bedroom.
3. I hear my sweet 3yr old yelling, "I did it!" while playing with her little plastic golf club & ball.
4. I hear the *ding* from my laptop alerting me to the fact that about a dozen more emails have just arrived and require my attention.
5. I hear the sweet sound of chirping birds outside my window, that indicate the birds are enjoying this first day of spring as much as I am.
6. Now I hear a plastic golf club hitting something that it shouldn't be.
7. Now there's a "there you go!" as my youngest generously allows me to play with her Barbie car.
8. I hear the little lady saying, "Mommy, Mommy, I want to play with the Barbies". Which means she wants to go scavaging in her big sisters' room for Barbies to play with.
9. I hear the phone ringing......
10. Ok, I'm back now. I hear my youngest exclaim with a gasp, "That Barbie is naked!!"
11. There goes another *ding* on my laptop... the email never ends.
12. "Look, look, look Mommy! It's pants!" Don't ask me... "Look Mommy! Look, look, look... it's babies in a box!!" Seriously, don't ask me. LOL!
13. Now the dog is barking at the cat. UGH!


How exciting was that? And that was over a mere 8 minutes of my day. AND the big girls and Tim are at school and work. Imagine the noise when everyone is home in the evenings.

I've been taking a break from writing this week. Since I finished A Birth at Dawn, I decided I would read a book this week... no writing allowed, even though I have two projects I'm ready to start. But, I've found that I need at least a week between projects in order to stay sane. LOL. Unfortunately, I devoured the book I was reading in two days. The rest of the week has been filled with boredom, nonsense, and a couple of fun conversations with online friends. I'm bored! Is it next week yet? LOL!!

Tim and I are suppose to go out tomorrow night. i have no idea what we're going to do, but I will get dressed up, looking all hot, and we will go somewhere ALONE. Probably dinner and a movie, but you just never know. I plan to drink and have a good time no matter what we do. LOL.

One last thing I hear....

"Mommy look, look!! They look goooood in that car!" My 3yr old talking about two ken dolls sitting in a nice purple convertible Barbie car. She is too freakin' funny!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you and Tim have a good time. Sounds like you need it!

    ReplyDelete